Monday, September 1, 2008

Half Marathon

Well we did it!!! We ran the Top of Utah Half Marathon. It was so much fun. There were 1200 runners who crossed the starting line. Apparently the number changes by the time people cross the finish line. My mom was a little worried about all the people at the starting line, but I was more worried about all the people waiting in line for the port-of-potties. Rule number one of racing is always use the bathroom before a race. That was my main priority. The race turned out pretty good. My mom and Krista both got 2nd in their age division. I got like 29th or something like that. We all finished under two hours. My goal time was 2hr and 10 min so I was really happy with my time. I would have liked to go a little faster. I probably should have but I got some wicked blisters about mile 10, just where Travis was filming us. I do not look like I was enjoying life, but then I remembered only three more miles. As I was nearing the finish line I have never been so excited to finish a race before. One thing I couldn't believe when I did finish though was all the the runners doing a cool down along the race course. Who cools down after 13.1 miles of running? I was exhausted afterwards. They had an awards ceremony that I was happy to sleep through. Surprisingly, the biggest complaint from all of us who ran about sore muscles were just our quads. I definately think I will run that race again so if anybody would like to join me I would love a racing partner. Well I should probably get back to the homework that I am trying to avoid.

2 comments:

Cluff Chronicles said...

Wow, what an accomplishment for all of you! I have decided I will probably never be able to run more than 3 or 4 miles at one time. Where was Vanessa? Why wasn't she running too?
Nicole

themayerfamily said...

You gals are amazing. My roommate ran the whole marathon when I lived up in Logan. You could hear her yell about her quads every time she used the restroom. I heard it's beautiful though. Just think, this will prepare your for child labor.