Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Twin Falls

I am finally trying this blog thing out. Thanks for setting it up. It will be so nice to be able to see what everybody is doing. I have been meaning to set one up for Travis and I but this summer has been crazy busy!!! Well to update everybody on what we have been doing I will start with this past weekend. My Mom, Vanessa, and Krista came up to visit us on Friday. On Saturday my Mom, Krista, and I woke up and went on a long run to prepare for our Half Marathon this coming weekend, Aug 23 here in Logan. After we cooled down we all headed up the road Twin Falls to go the temple open house with some of our old neighbors from California. They actually live in Twin Falls now and keep commenting on the "beautiful Mormon building". It was fun to go through the temple with them. The Temple is so beautiful. The sealing rooms there are huge, well one of them is. It could fit the whole family with room left over. That never happens. So for those who are not married keep that in mind. J/K. We spent the rest of the weekend in Twin Falls then it was back to work on Monday. My Mom and the girls got to spend the day shopping and getting Krista ready for school. We helped move Krista into her apartment on Tuesday. It will be fun to have family in Logan again. Krista usually comes over for Sunday dinner. She has to try all of my experimental cooking, lucky her!!! We all went Miniature Golfing last night. It was so much fun. We all thought my Mom would put us to shame with all the golfing she has done lately. Apparently, she works more on her long game. Travis and I actually tied for first. I love when that happens Travis is so competitive. It is fun to give him some competition and watch him squirm. My Mom and Vanessa left on Wednesday, however, they will be back on Friday. Our Half Marathon is this Saturday and I am so excited. It follows the same path as the Marathon that Greg and Melinda ran last year. I haven't quite decided if I could ever run for 26 miles like Greg and Melinda did. I will let you all know how the race goes. I can predict how it will turn out but..... My Mom keeps talking about how to prepare for the race with eating and resting. I keep telling my Mom thanks for the advice but I am just looking to finish not win the whole thing. Well I wish I could post some pictures of the weekend and everything that has been going on but we have lost our camera unfortunately.

1 comment:

themayerfamily said...

Thanks for posting Laraine. It sounds like you guys had so much fun! And as for the marathon--half or not, you go girls!!! Is Travis running too? And congrats for tying for first!